A Dessert for Every Season
If I had to absolutely pick just one season, it would be Fall. I call it the season of inspiration. It is the most colorful season of the year, the best-dressed and a period where many fall in love. Caramelized pears atop a warm moist vanilla cake is one of the best comfort dessert to enjoy during autumn.
I dream of hot chocolate, the marigold flames of a (non-existent) fireplace whenever December arrives. When the thunderstorms hit as it often does during year end, I close my eyes and imagine that it is snow flurries, not raindrops that descend onto the ground. I will hustle over to the stove and whip up this easy-to-bake, decadent hot baked chocolate that is guaranteed to win over any chocoholics. It is best advised to enjoy this in your PJs and in the arms of a loved one.
Hot Baked Chocolate (serves 2)
130g semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 small eggs
2 tbspn caster sugar
Icing sugar, mint leaves and berries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180’C.
2. Melt chocolate and butter using the double-boiled method.
3. Whisk eggs and sugar in a separate mixing bowl till frothy.
4. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate mix into the whipped eggs.
5. Divide evenly into 2 ramekins and bake for 12 minutes or till the top forms a crust.
6. Sift icing sugar over, top with some fresh berries and a mint leaf and serve immediately.