Class Alert: Food styling & Mobile Photography
Class Alert: #Instafood – Food Styling & Mobile Photography
Have you seen tons of food photographs on Instagram that made your mouth water and thought to yourself: " How do they do it?!" Well, this class is exactly what you need to up your food styling and photography game! Together with Trisha Toh a well-known instagrammer, the Bloesem team will teach you how to artfully style your food and take Instagram shots that will make your followers drool all over.
9 reasons why this is the class for you:
1. Learn the basics of mobile photography – learn to make the most of whatever phone you are using.
2. Pick up technical skills on how to capture the perfect food shot – technical concepts, lighting, angles, framing & composition of a shot.
3. Find out all the best mobile apps to edit the photos you've taken.
4. Basic techniques of food styling will be at your fingertips after this class.
5. Get to know what food styling tools you can use to help you. (yes there are tools.. all behind the scenes)
6. Learn how to choose backgrounds and props to complement the food item you are photographing.
7. Learn how to craft a food story through images you've captured.
8. We'll share the tips and tricks of community building and a successful instagram account
9. Actually style and shoot your own food shots during the class itself and get immediate feedback from Trisha and the Bloesem Team.
Wednesday 4 February 2015, 10.00 am to 1.30 pm
Thursday 5 February 2015, 10.00 am to 1.30 pm
Friday 6 February 2015, 10.00 am to 1.30 pm
77 Seng Poh Road #01-81 Singapore 161077
.. Find out more about the class
Designed for food bloggers, foodie instagramers or enthusiastic cooks who enjoy taking photographs of their food, this workshop will cover some mobile photography basics and go in-depth into the art of food styling. The Bloesem Team will teach you technical skills to capturing a perfect food shot — from technical concepts, best lighting and angles, framing and composition to using the best apps to edit your photos. After which, Trisha will delve into the basic techniques of food styling, using food styling tools, choosing appropriate backgrounds and props as well as learning how to craft a food story through images that are believable, intimate and meaningful. For those who are exploring a new career in food photography, The Bloesem Team and Trisha will also share their tips and tricks to creating a personality through your visuals on Instagram and the importance of community building to create a thriving food photography business. And of course, since it's a food styling and photography class, you will get a chance to try your hands at styling and Instagram it!
WHAT'S INCLUDED 3.5 fun hours of learning all about being an Instagram pro and the art of food styling from popular Instagrammer, Trisha Toh, and the Bloesem Team. You will get a chance to put your skills to practice by styling with props and food to use on location. We'll also make sure both your eyes, as well as your tummies are satisfied with beautiful and yummy refreshments to feast on. After all, scrumptious food is a Bloesem Class tradition! And we will not let you leave without a booklet summarising all you have learnt during the class. All you need to bring to this class is your smart phone!
ABOUT TRISHA Trisha Toh is a freelance photographer and stylist based in Kuala Lumpur. She has a an eye for food styling and have worked for clients such as Food Bites, The Spice Peninsula Co. and The Kitchen Table Restaurant & Bakery. A popular Instagrammer of handle @trishates, Trisha's photos are mini experiments of different techniques and styles and a representation of her photographic development over time. She loves the freedom of creating Instagram images using everyday objects and the fresh perspectives each image presents of seemingly ordinary things. She is also the blogger behind, The Weekend Brunch, where she documents her travels, collaborations, little fables here and there, now and then.
.. Sign up for Food styling & Mobile photography class