Hear Hear in Amsterdam
Happy 3rd birthday to this tiny little two storey shop in the 9 little streets of Amsterdam. Hear Hear is the lovely little store we heard so much about and made sure to stop by while we were in Amsterdam. Chock full of amazing finds and some handmade pieces by owner Rena (the nicest store owner by far, you have to say hi!), Hear Hear is a great place for gifts and souvenirs too!
We popped in and had Rena (who also makes the most adorable ceramic pieces) tell us 5 things we wouldn't have known about Hear Hear..
Rena's shared with us 5 random thoughts about Hear Hear:
1) People never know which way to open the door to the store and always struggle with it. Maybe there should be a sign.
2) This space used to be a catering business but the lady wanted to sell it to someone who would carry on with their passion.
3) The name "Hear Hear" came about because Rena loves the way the letters look on paper; how the letters E & A look together.
4) Her favourite moment is when the light comes in from the windows and she can watch "live" tv as people walk past and she catches snippets of their conversation.
5) Burly guys with beards always come in and ask "is this for girls or guys?" which she finds odd. If you like an item does it really matter who it is designed for?
For those of us who aren't able to pop by Hear Hear, Rena's online shop offers a great selection which is always inspiring to shop and very tempting. We all deserve a little treat once in awhile right?
Handmade polymer clay jewellery by Rena (owner of Hear Hear).